An collaborative research award of Indo American Society of Nuclear Medicine (IASNM) and Society of Nuclear Medicine India (SNM-I).
The purpose of this award is to encourage and strengthen Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Research in India. This is being set up to honor Dr. Abass Alavi’s legacy, a pioneer of nuclear medicine.
- Eligible Investigators:
- Must be enrolled as resident/fellow/student or be a faculty (but not more than 6 years as faculty) in a Nuclear Medicine Program in India.
- Must be less than 40 years of age as of Dec 31 of that year (year of award).
- Must be an active member in good standing of SNM-I
- Must not have previously won this award.
- Must be willing to come and receive award at SNM-I Annual Meeting (if the candidate cannot come to receive the award, the recipient will have to forfeit the award; unless extenuating circumstances are the cause and the candidate submits a written letter about the circumstances that will be reviewed and a decision will be made at the discretion of the review committee).
- Topics can be clinical, basic science, radiopharmaceutical or computational/analysis related but have to be directly pertaining to Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging. However educational exhibits or reviews (including case series) will NOT be considered for the award.
- CV and Chairman/HOD’s letter are optional but recommended to be submitted.
- An application form must be filled on the the SNM-I website and a completed form with supporting documents (abstract, figures, tables, CV, Chairman’s letter, etc) should be sent electronically to Dr. Rakesh Kumar (email@example.com) & Dr. Amol Takalkar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 20th Oct 2022
- The winners will be announced on or after 15th Nov, 2022.
- The selected winners will receive the awards (in the form of a check & a certificate) at the SNM- I Annual Meeting.
- The winner may be asked to give a brief oral presentation (no more than 5 min) at the SNM-I meeting at the time of award presentation.
- Award will not be given if recipient is unable to attend SNM-I meeting and award is not transferable.
- US$400 (#1 award)
- US$250 (#2 award)
- US$150 (#3 award)